Our website address is: https://buttercuplearning.com/sustainable.
Our Privacy Notice tells you what we do with your personal data, why we use it, who we share it with and how long we keep it. As it’s your data you have the right to know what happens with it. The types of data that we hold about you and how long we keep it, will depend on your relationship with us and the reasons why we have it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations and Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Buttercup Learning of 6 Lower Park Row, Bristol, United Kingdom, BS1 5BJ.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Rachel Mills who is contactable on email@example.com
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have made an information request to us.
- You booked to attend/have attended an event.
- You subscribe to our digital newsletter.
- You visited our website and made an account with us, used an online form or commented on a blog post.
- You engaged with us on social media.
- You commented or reviewed one of our products or services.
- You ordered a product or service from Buttercup Learning and financial information was taken to fulfill the order
- You have applied for a job/internship / apprenticeship with us.
- You are representing your organisation to make an enquiry.
- You have completed a survey or competition that we are delivering or supporting
We also receive information indirectly
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, device model and version, operating system, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
- From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources – for example, partners with whom we offer co-branded services or events, or engage in joint marketing activities, and publicly available sources such as social media websites.
Our company ecommerce site is not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may delete the information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When you use our services or view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Buttercup Learning to provide general statistics regarding use of the Buttercup Learning Website. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and is not used to identify any individual.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered in to, between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We never sell Personal Information to any third party
We use data processors who are third parties who provide elements of services for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct. For example we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
We may send information or Buttercup Learning content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business.
We may promote use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
We may provide other companies with statistical information about our users — but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘Your Rights’ section below.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your Personal Information to the third party.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we (or our assets) are acquired by another company, whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or otherwise, that company would receive all information gathered by Buttercup Learning on the websites and through service provision. In this event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personal Information, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
As we are processing your personal data for our legitimate interests as stated above, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. There are legitimate reasons why we may refuse your objection, which depend on why we are processing it.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information. You can exercise your right to prevent marketing use of your Personal Information by checking tick boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information) is secured to ensure it is protected.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information. as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as is required in order to contact you about a service you have signed up to, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in “To Unsubscribe from Our Communications” below.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. data protection authorities in the UK are available here.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject title: Privacy. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences, or by sending us an email with the subject title ‘Privacy’ to email@example.com.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If we plan to use personal data for a new purpose, we update our privacy information and communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org